With tax time quickly approaching, we wanted to provide access to information regarding the new tax laws initiated with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) passed in December 2017. We understand it is hard to find pertinent and reliable information, so we designed a resource page allowing easy access to Timely Website Tax Related Articles. To connect with these resources, click on hyperlinks in the text below.
- Summary of Individual Tax Law changes related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Summary of Business Tax Law changes related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Our Key Numbers for Tax Planning, Brackets, Deduction Levels, etc. Detailed information in one place.
- Our Tax Preparation Checklist to make sure you are organized to report your income and take all your deductions
- Key Tax Dates for Retirees – Mostly Tax Related. Don’t miss these deadlines!
- Hurricane Harvey Disaster Tax Relief.
Tax Issues and Planning:
- New Tax Strategies for Roth IRA Conversions given the new law.
- If you are looking to rollover your retirement plan, protect yourself from mistakes that would cause severe tax consequences. Here is a good summary of the Top 10 IRA Rollover Mistakes and on the 60-Day Rollover limitations.
- Ready to take your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), avoid these Dangers and Mistakes.
- Claiming Tax Free 529 Withdrawals – did you get a 1099-Q?
- If you are looking to roll your IRA to a Self-Directed IRA, avoid these Tax Landmines.
- Net Unrealized Appreciation (NUA) Tax Planning Strategy.
- Tax Planning options to consider: rolling over After-Tax Dollars from your 401k Plan.
- If you are in for a high tax year, consider some Tax Efficient Charitable Planning or other Charitable Giving.
Articles from “In the News”:
At Avidian Wealth, we are often contacted by media to contribute to an article providing expertise in a specific area of finance or financial planning. You can find these articles on our website at STA In the News. Many of these articles are related to tax planning. Here are some highlights:
- CNBC – Last Minute Tax Tips based on New Tax Law.
- Prudential – 4 Tax Planning Tips for Retirees.
- Bloomberg – How to Game Next Year’s Taxes Now
- MarketWatch – How to Claim your Tax Break for Charitable Donations under New Law
- MarketWatch – 5 Ways the Tax Bill will Affect Your Retirement.
- Washington Post – Seven Money Moves by Year End – it may be too late for 2017, but start planning for 2018.
- Investopedia – “Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid on Your Roth IRA”. If you opened, contributed to or converted to a Roth IRA, here are some mistakes to avoid.
- Washington Post – “Saving and Spending your Tax Refund” – What should you do with your refund?
- New York Times – “Tax Refund as a Financial Opportunity” – Can you get your finances back on track with your refund?
Financial Planning and Investment Advice offered through Avidian Wealth Management (STA), a registered investment advisor. STA does not provide tax or legal advice and the information presented here is not specific to any individual’s personal circumstances. To the extent that this material concerns tax matters or legal issues, it is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by law. Each taxpayer should seek independent advice from a tax professional based on his or her individual circumstances. These materials are provided for general information and educational purposes based upon publicly available information from sources believed to be reliable—we cannot assure the accuracy or completeness of these materials. The information in these materials may change at any time and without notice.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by law.