Published on: 01/07/2019
Are You Riding the Stock Market “Roller Coaster”?
Written By: Scott Bishop, MBA, CPA/PFS, CFP®
*Updated October 27th, 2022
For many years, I have been writing articles on coordinating your investment discipline with your overall Financial Plan. Some of my recent articles talk about “Stress Testing” your portfolio and better aligning your overall portfolio allocation with your Financial Plan. The goal is to give you the ability to have accountability in your Investment Planning towards meeting the goals in your overall financial plan.
Over the past year, I have been called by MANY journalists asking for some of my opinions on the markets and how to help clients deal with this volatility. At Avidian Wealth Solutions, many of these articles are listed in our “In the News” section of our website. I also publish many of these on my twitter account @ScottB_CFP – please follow me to continue to see my thoughts. Also, if you are concerned about the markets, please call us so we can help you make prudent investment decisions aligned with your personal goals and objectives.
Back in 2019, I created this article with ideas on how to have better investment discipline when riding the stock market roller coaster. I thought it was about time to update it for thoughts during the recent bear market of 2022 and surviving any upcoming Recession.
Top 25 Avidian “In The News” on Market Volatility and Planning Ideas – since 2020:
- MarketWatch: Panic is not an investment strategy. How financial advisers can help you think through the unthinkable.
- CNBC: Is it time to consider Alternative Investments even if you are young?
- MarketWatch: How best to stay invested as gloom casts pall over the stock market?
- Yahoo Finance: Recession is Coming – Should you Consider Dividends?
- CNBC: Should you use Alternative Investments to Diversify during Volatility?
- FA Magazine: Should you consider Roth Conversions during market slide?
- GoBankingRates: 60% of Americans Lose Sleep Over Finances – How to Ease Stress
- InvestmentNews: As Market Sell-Off Continues, Searching for Answers
- MarketWatch: With Recession coming in next 12 months, focus on long game
- MarketWatch: Cautionary Tale about Dangers of Jumping on Wall Street Bandwagon
- BankRate: How to Choose the Right Financial Advisor – 6 Tips
- GoBankingRates: 9 Warnings Signs That You Should Fire your Financial Advisor
- InvestmentNews: Considerations Related to the ESG Investing Trend?
- GoBankingRates: How not to Screw Up Your Retirement Once You’re There.
- Investopedia: Early Retirement – Strategies to Make Your Wealth Last
- KTRH NewsRadio AM 740: Edgy Economy – Inflation, Interest Rates Cause Concern
- ThinkAdvisor: 11 Big Investment Mistakes made by Clients and Advisors
- Dallas Morning News: Is it Wise to Build a Retirement on Real Estate?
- Yahoo Finance: What to do with an Inheritance
- FPA: 7 Tips to Protect and Preserve Wealth on Brink of Recession
- Barron’s: He Retired the Week the Dow Slid 12% – Wake-up Call on your Portfolio
- AP News: Beware of Over-Hyped Financial Strategies
- FPA: financial Realist’s Guide to Preparing for Next Economic Downturn
- YahooFinance: 16 Reasons You Don’t Need to Panic About Next Recession
- KTRH NewsRadio AM 740: Don’t let the Wall Street Roller Coaster Catch you By Surprise
Top 16 Avidian “In The News” on Market Volatility and Planning Ideas – before 2020:
- Wall Street Journal: Retiring soon? Planning for market downturns.
- Houston CPA Society Forum: How to stay sane in crazy markets
- US News: Differences between tactical and strategic asset allocation
- The Street: Can you visualize Your retirement dreams?
- Investopedia: Do you have the right financial advisor?
- Forbes: Dealing with volatile markets
- Horsesmouth: How much “Advisor Alpha” are you getting from your advisor?
- Pursuit of Happiness Radio: Investing in high volatility (radio interview on KTRH)
- Forbes: Six tips for managing financial risks in middle age
- Magnify Money: How to prepare for the next recession
- Forbes: Eight factors for business owners to consider before retiring
- CNBC: Worried about IRA fraudsters stealing your money (self-directed IRA scams)
- InsuranceNews: Investors comfortable yet terrified of risk
- Advisor News: How advisors can prepare for a bear market
- Investment News: How financial advisors are dealing with market tumble
- Reuters: Got Cash? What to do with it right now
Financial Planning and Investment Advice offered through Avidian Wealth Solutions (Avidian), a registered investment advisor. Avidian does not provide tax or legal advice and the information presented here is not specific to any individual’s personal circumstances. To the extent that this material concerns tax matters or legal issues, it is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by law. Each taxpayer should seek independent advice from a tax professional based on his or her individual circumstances. These materials are provided for general information and educational purposes based upon publicly available information from sources believed to be reliable—we cannot assure the accuracy or completeness of these materials. The information in these materials may change at any time and without notice. As always, a copy of our current written disclosure statement discussing our services and fees continues to be available for your review upon request.
Please read important disclosures here
Get Avidian's free market report in your inbox
Schedule a conversation
Curious about where you stand today? Schedule a meeting with our team and put your portfolio to the test.*